||8 years ago|
|_includes||9 years ago|
|_layouts||9 years ago|
|_posts||8 years ago|
|assets||9 years ago|
|images||9 years ago|
|.gitignore||8 years ago|
|.jshintrc||10 years ago|
|404.md||10 years ago|
|Gemfile||9 years ago|
|Gruntfile.js||9 years ago|
|LICENSE||10 years ago|
|README.md||9 years ago|
|Rakefile.rb||9 years ago|
|_config.yml||8 years ago|
|about.md||10 years ago|
|favicon.ico||10 years ago|
|favicon.png||10 years ago|
|feed.xml||9 years ago|
|index.html||9 years ago|
|package.json||10 years ago|
|posts.html||9 years ago|
|sitemap.xml||9 years ago|
|tags.html||9 years ago|
HPSTR Jekyll Theme
They say three times the charm, so here is another free responsive Jekyll theme for you. I've learned a ton since open sourcing my first two themes on Github, and wanted to try a few new things this time around. If you've used my previous themes most of this should be familiar territory...
What HPSTR brings to the table:
- Responsive templates for post, page, and post index
_layouts. Looks great on mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- Gracefully degrades in older browsers. Compatible with Internet Explorer 8+ and all modern browsers.
- Modern and minimal design.
- Sweet animated menu.
- Readable typography to make your words shine.
- Support for large images to call out your favorite posts.
- Comments powered by Disqus if you choose to enable.
- Social Sharing links for Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ if you choose to enable.
- Simple and clear permalink structure.
- Open Graph and Twitter Cards support for a better social sharing experience.
- Simple custom 404 page to get you started.
- Stylesheets for Pygments and Coderay syntax highlighting to make your code examples look snazzy
- Grunt build script for easy theme development
- Available in Spanish. Thanks @cruznick!
General notes and suggestions for customizing HPSTR.
Basic Setup for a new Jekyll site
- Install Bundler
gem install bundlerand then install Jekyll and all dependencies
- Fork the HPSTR Jekyll Theme repo.
- Clone the repo you just forked and rename it.
_config.ymlto personalize your site.
- Check out the sample posts in
_poststo see examples for pulling in large feature images, assigning categories and tags, and other YAML data.
- Read the documentation below for further customization pointers and documentation.
Pro-tip: Delete the
gh-pages branch after cloning and start fresh by branching off
master. There is a bunch of garbage in
gh-pages used for the theme's demo site that I'm guessing you don't want on your site.
Setup for an Existing Jekyll site
- Clone the following folders:
- Clone the following files and personalize content as need:
- Set the following variables in your
title: Site Title description: Describe your website here. disqus_shortname: shortname # Your site's domain goes here. When working locally use localhost server leave blank # PS. If you set this wrong stylesheets and scripts won't load and most links will break. # PPS. If you leave it blank for local testing home links won't work, they'll be fine for live domains though. url: http://localhost:4000 # Owner/author information owner: name: Your Name avatar: avatar.jpg bio: "Your bio goes here. It shouldn't be super long but a good two sentences or two should suffice." email: email@example.com # Social networking links used in footer. Update and remove as you like. twitter: facebook: github: stackexchange: linkedin: instagram: flickr: tumblr: # For Google Authorship https://plus.google.com/authorship google_plus: # Analytics and webmaster tools stuff goes here google_analytics: google_verify: # https://ssl.bing.com/webmaster/configure/verify/ownership Option 2 content= goes here bing_verify: # Links to include in top navigation # For external links add external: true links: - title: Theme Setup url: /theme-setup - title: External Link url: http://mademistakes.com external: true # http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones timezone: America/New_York future: true pygments: true markdown: kramdown # Amount of posts to show on home page paginate: 5
More Theme Setup Goodness
To learn more about how to customize the theme, include feature images in posts, use the Grunt build script, and some other junk, read up here.
Having a problem getting something to work or want to know why I setup something in a certain way? Ping me on Twitter @mmistakes or file a GitHub Issue. And if you make something cool with this theme feel free to let me know.
This theme is free and open source software, distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later. So feel free to to modify this theme to suit your needs.